James L. Holzman
JIM HOLZMAN retired on December 31, 2014 after 41 years of practice with the firm. His litigation practice concentrated principally on mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, securities law, and other complex business matters.
Mr. Holzman is past Chairman of the Council of the Corporation Law Section of the Delaware State Bar Association, the Bar group responsible for reviewing and recommending amendments to the Delaware General Corporation Law. On the national level, he served in a number of leadership posts with the American Bar Association, including Chair of the Business and Corporate Litigation Committee of the ABA. He has been a frequent speaker on corporate governance and corporate law for the American Bar Association, state and local bar organizations and the Practicing Law Institute, among others.
In retirement, Mr. Holzman will maintain an office at the firm and will continue to be a resource to the firm.
Professional and Community Activities:
- Chairman, Corporation Law Council and Section, Delaware State Bar Association (2008-2010)
- Member, Delaware Court of Chancery Rules Committee (2011-2014)
- Co-Chair, Delaware Business Law Forum (2007-2010)
- Member, Editorial Board, The Business Lawyer (2005-2012)
- Chair, Business and Corporate Litigation Committee, ABA Business Law Section (1996-2000)
- Member, Council, ABA Business Law Section Council (2001-2005)
- Member, Task Force on Litigation Reform and Rules Revision, ABA Business Law Section
- Member, Advisory Board, Northeast Business Law Institute
- President, Board of Trustees, Tower Hill School (2000-2003)
- United States Supreme Court
- Stetson University (B.A. 1970)
- University of Florida (J.D. 1972)