Bruce E. Jameson
Bruce Jameson practices in the Wilmington office. His practice focuses on litigation involving mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, and other complex corporate governance and business matters primarily in the Delaware Court of Chancery and Federal District Court. Mr. Jameson also advises corporate directors, officers and board committees regarding fiduciary duty obligations and the requirements of the Delaware General Corporation Law in settings involving corporate transactions, corporate governance matters, and stockholder demands against the corporation. He also regularly represents corporate and individual creditors or other parties in interest in commercial bankruptcy litigation in the Delaware Bankruptcy Court.
Mr. Jameson is actively involved in organizations and activities especially those relevant to the development of corporate and business laws. Mr. Jameson serves on the Rules Committee of the Delaware Court of Chancery, and the Corporation Law Council of the Corporation Law Section of the Delaware State Bar Association (the organization responsible for the annual review, revision and modernization of the Delaware General Corporation Law). Mr. Jameson also serves as a member of the Delaware Board of Bar Examiners. Outside of Delaware, Mr. Jameson is an active member of the Business Law Section of the American Bar Association including the Business and Corporate Litigation Committee within that section.
Corporate and alternative business entity Litigation
- Commercial and Contract Disputes
- Bankruptcy Creditor Litigation
- Colgan v. Apollo Healthstreet, Inc., C.A. No. 6904-VCN (Del. Ch.). Representation of former owners and officers in action seeking advancement against acquiring corporation arising from various actions filed against the clients in their capacity as former officers.
- W.J. Garrett Trust v. Byrne, et al., Cause No. 2011-71702 (District Court of Harris County, Texas; 157th Judicial District). Representation of special committee members in a litigation arising from the acquisition by Energy Transfer Partners L.P. of a subsidiary of Southern Union Company for approximately $2 billion as part of the overall acquisition of Southern Union by Energy Transfer Equity, L.P.
- Metcap Securities LLC v. Pearl Senior Care, Inc. et al., 2009 WL 513756 (Feb. 27, 2009). Summary judgment obtained for acquiring entity sued in connection with the relevant acquisition.
- Latesco LP v. Wayport Inc., et al., 2009 WL 2246793 (Del. Ch. July 24, 2009). Representation of a founding stockholder asserting claims for breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duty in connection with stock sale transaction.
- Grunstein v. Silva, et al., 2009 WL 4698541 (Del. Ch. Dec. 8, 2009). Representation of corporate acquirers defending against claims of breach of contract, breach of an alleged oral partnership agreement and other equitable claims arising from the acquisition.
- Brevet Capital Special Opportunities Fund LP v. Fourth Third LLC, et al., 2011 WL 3452821 (Del. Super. Aug. 5, 2011). Contract dispute filed in the Delaware Superior Court Complex Commercial Division arising out of acquisition of a participating interest in a $75 million loan facility.
- Krupa, et al. v. Comprehensive Neuroscience Inc., 2008 WL 2737766 (Del. Ch. June 30, 2008). Representation of Special Committee members in litigation.
- Henkel Corporation v. Innovative Brands Holdings, LLC, 2008 WL 4131566 (Del. Ch. Aug. 26, 2008). Represent seller in seeking to enforce asset purchase agreement where buyer asserts existence of a material adverse event.
- Jackson Walker, L.L.P. v. Spira Footwear, Inc., 2008 WL 2487256 (Del. Ch. June 23, 2008). Obtained summary judgment in favor of a Texas law firm seeking advancement of defense costs pursuant to the terms of a by-law provision of the defendant Delaware corporation.
- Energy Partners, Ltd. v. Stone Energy Corp., 2006 WL 2947483(Del. Ch. Oct. 11, 2006). Defense of party to merger agreement regarding interpretation of agreement, and in related litigation arising from a hostile third party tender offer.
- Gildor v. Optical Solutions, Inc., 2006 WL 1596678 (Del. Ch. June 5, 2006). Enforcement of stockholder preemptive rights.
- Anglo American Securities Fund L.P. v. S.R. Global International Fund, L.P., Delaware Chancery C.A. No. 20066, (2006 WL 1494360 and 829 A.2d 143). Defense of hedge fund limited partnership and its general partner in an action by limited partners alleging breach of the limited partnership agreement, breach of fiduciary duty and fraud.
- Stanziale v. Nachtomi, U.S. District Court for Delaware, No. Civ. A. 01-403; Third Circuit No. 04-3633 (2004 WL 1812705; 330 B.R. 56; 416 F.3d 229). Defense of former outside directors of Tower Air, Inc. in action brought by Chapter 7 bankruptcy trustee alleging breach of fiduciary duty and corporate waste.
- In re Reliance Securities Litigation, 135 F. Supp. 2d 480 (D. Del. 2001). Representation of officers and directors against claims brought by investors in connection with a spinoff transation.
Professional and Community Activities:
- Member, Corporation Law Council of the Corporation Law Section of the Delaware State Bar Association
- Member, Delaware Board of Bar Examiners
- Member, Delaware Court of Chancery Rules Committee
- Member, American Bar Association including the Sections on Business Law, Litigation, and Law Practice Management.
- Member, Delaware Bar Association including the Section on Corporate Law.
- Member, Order of the Barristers
- United States District Court, Delaware
- United States Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
- University of Pittsburgh (B.A., cum laude, 1987; J.D., 1990)
- The Best Lawyers in America© 2014 - Corporation Law
- The Best Lawyers in America© 2013 - Corporation Law
Printer Friendly Version